Home

Xkcd universe

xkcd: Alternate Univers

1. Explanation []. This comic is about the size of the visible universe, presented as a timeline in a way typical of representations of the timeline of epochs in cosmology.. Some events it describes, including the Big Bang and Inflation are real, but others are jokes, including the Medium Bang and Settling.The size history of the visible universe is also embellished for the sake of jokes; the.
  2. Currently, however, his full-time job is revealing the wonders of our universe through his witty and inspiring webcomics. Below is a logarithmic scale of the observable universe from xkcd
  3. Explain xkcd is a wiki dedicated to explaining the webcomic xkcd. Go figure. 863: Major in the Universe. Explain xkcd: He decides to major in The Universe, but when his adviser details the real work required of that major, Cueball scratches his head and tells what he really means
  4. Explanation []. Cueball has (by some ritual, judging by the pentagram) summoned himself from a parallel universe. Hairy suggests that Cueball should take advantage of this rare opportunity and make out with his other self.. In the third panel, Cueball seems to turn his head in response to the unexpected response. Hairy suggests that Cueball should make out with him instead, since he could also.

The universe that I come from has people eating on average 8 spiders a year while sleeping, though I can't seem to find a source of that information on this universe's Internet. Spiders being not okay to eat occasionally and the Internet failing me must surely be signs I'm in a parallel universe. -- 68.97.21.122 03:32, 24 September 2013 (UTC This week: Excerpts from What If articles written in a world which, thankfully, is not the one we live in: and most SCUBA equipment functions relatively well when immersed in human blood. However, since the density of blood (1.06 kg/L) is much higher than fresh water (1.00 kg/L) and slightly. Explanation []. Cueball awakens to find himself trapped for eternity in an endless expanse of sand and rocks. At first, he uses this time to derive all of mathematics and physics, plus more, including quantum mechanics and general relativity.Next Cueball creates a computer that can process any possible function, out of rocks and rules for the interaction between rocks Mobile Version! Direct image link: Timeline of the Universe. Subtext: Not actual size, except technically at one spot near the left. Don't get it? explain xkcd. For the good of mobile users! Sincerely, xkcd_bot. <

This is, by far, the most destructive What-If scenario to date. You might imagine an electron Moon orbiting a proton Earth, sort of like a gigantic hydrogen atom. On one level, it makes a kind of sense; after all, electrons orbit protons, and moons orbit planets. In fact, a planetary model of the. First, let's get a few things out of the way: In real life, we can't put a metal pole between the Earth and the Moon.[1]For one, someone at NASA would probably yell at us. The end of the pole near the Moon would be pulled toward the Moon by the Moon's gravity, and the rest of it would be pulled back. xkcd: Embodying Nerd Culture to Rule the Web Comics Universe Nineteen years and countless binary jokes later, the most popular comic on the web is xkcd, a strip featuring stick figures.

Speed of Light | Visual

As best as I can tell, I was transported here from Earth Prime sometime in the late 1990s. Your universe is identical in every way, except for the lobster thing and the thing where some of you occasionally change your clocks for some reason xkcd, sometimes styled XKCD, is a webcomic created in 2005 by American author Randall Munroe. The comic's tagline describes it as A webcomic of romance, sarcasm, math, and language. Munroe states on the comic's website that the name of the comic is not an initialism but just a word with no phonetic pronunciation.. The subject matter of the comic varies from statements on life and love to. 1 Character Synopsis 2 Character Statistics 3 Other Attributes 4 Others Cueball is a stick figure character in Xkcd, distinguished from other characters by having no distinguishing features (including no hair or hat). The name is unofficial, and pretty much only used to explain Xkcd and TV Tropes. Like other Xkcd characters, Cueball doesn't necessarily represent the same character from comic. The XKCD Guide to the Universe's Most Bizarre Physics. Randall Munroe is the author of What If: Serious Scientific Answers to Absurd Hypothetical Questions, published in September

xkcd: Major in the Univers

293 votes, 34 comments. 139k members in the xkcd community. /r/xkcd is the subreddit for the popular webcomic xkcd by Randall Munroe. Come to Alternate Universe What Ifs Dispatches from a horrifying alternate universe This week: Excerpts from What If articles written in a world which, thankfully, is not the one we live in Randall Munroe, creator of the webcomic xkcd, has a new book: How To offers absurd science advice for simple problems. How To is now available at Amazon, Barnes and Noble, and bookstores everywhere XKCD is a webcomic created by Randall Munroe, an ex-NASA robotics expert and programmer. The series' main subject matter revolves around math, science and Internet culture and features characters drawn as stick figures. All comics published on the site are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.5 License Munroe's webcomics, produced under the banner of xkcd and promising romance, as if somehow the entire universe was a gigantic pyramid assembling to this little point,.

1. Pick ANY comic you like from xkcd. 2. Manipulate the comic to include either content from the OTC or the OTT. 3. Add a line with the OtherComic number (the number should be a link to the original comic) and your name, so that people will be aware that the comic is being OTTified. 4. Post your altered comic in the table. Please use the thumbnail option to limit the width to 400 pixels. 5. It. Sep 29, 2010 - the observable universe from top to bottom xkcd Today's XKCD-the Universe's size. Thread starter Zatnikitelman; Start date Sep 29, 2008; Zatnikitelman Addon Developer. Addon Developer. Joined Jan 13, 2008 Messages 2,311 Reaction score 5 Points 38 Location Atlanta, GA, USA, North America. xkcd gravity wells The wonderful xkcd gets educational with this map of the universe's gravity wells — from Titan's feathery pseudo-gravity to Jupiter's powerful suck — scaled to Earth's surface gravity so that you can visualize the energy it would take to escape from each planet's gravity xkcd.com | Timeline of the Universe. mukeshbalani.com | You heard it here firstif you haven't already heard it elsewhere.

2240: Timeline of the Universe - explain xkc

1. Dec 23, 2015 - Randall Munroe is the author of What If: Serious Scientific Answers to Absurd Hypothetical Questions, published in September
  2. xkcd Progress Report #3. Research is done and we have a website! hotu.weebly.com It isn't finished yet but it's well on the way. I have finished researching the universe, more specifically how it has formed. I am mostly done with doing the same for Milky Way. Soon my other topics.
  3. Jul 22, 2011 - Major in the Universe. Title text: I hear Steven Levitt is writing a book analyzing A.J. Jacobs' quest to spend a year reading everything Malcolm Gladwell ever wrote. The audiobook will be narrated by Robert Krulwich of Radiolab
  4. XKCD, Timeline of the Universe. 14. December 2019. via the comic delivery system monikered Randall Munroe at XKCD! Permalink. The post XKCD, Timeline of the Universe appeared first on Security Boulevard. Advertise on IT Security News. Read the complete article: XKCD, Timeline of the Universe
  5. Download The XKCD Guide To The Universe's Most Bizarre Physics Desktop Background Desktop Background from the above display resolutions for Popular, Fullscreen, Widescreen, Mobile, Android, Tablet, iPad, iPhone, iPo
  6. Disclaimer: this comic occasionally contains language that is unsuitable for younger audiences. Discuss xkcd, blag posts, What Ifs, and anything else in the xkcd universe
  7. xkcd: The universe, top to bottom, on a log scale 29 September 2008 . It's always brilliant, but I really like today's cartoon.There's very little cooler than a logarithmic scale, to be honest.. Hey, look: it's Ford Prefect

Just about everyone can claim to being inspired by the xkcd webcomic — or at least enjoying a shared nerd moment. A favorite comic of many space fans is the Up Goer Five poster, which explains. The XKCD guide to the universe's most bizarre physics. Euler's Identity. The baffling and beautiful wormhole. between branches of math. Euler's Identity

So I decided to simulate a universe - XKCD — 2 Comments Charlie Yu on August 28, 2012 at 5:10 PM said: I love this cartoon! I admit I stumbled on it because my name is down in an earlier post, but I'm so glad I did (self-absorption actually helped me for once), because this is so great This is the poster version of Comic #657. , made from the high-resolution originals).It shows the interactions between characters over time in various movie epics. It's 34x22, and if you want only one particular chart, you can easily cut it out :) At the suggestion of reader Gary McDougall, I added a line for Luke's hand (which separates from him on Cloud City), but did not include the. The Skeptics' Guide to the Universe. 1,063,293 likes · 5,300 talking about this. The Skeptics' Guide to the Universe is an award-winning weekly science podcast with over 16 years and 800 episodes... 719 votes, 50 comments. 296k members in the stevenuniverse community. The number 1 subreddit for Steven Universe. Come and obsess over gay space

This xkcd comic is just way too cool to be left unblogged:Needless to say, due to its ginormous size I needed to cut off the middle part (one of the beauties of its CC-by-nc license), so make sure to click on the picture to see it in all its beauty.Randall Munroe made a map of the observable universe, from top to bottom, on a logarithmic scale. I love the details (Eris: All hail discordia. celcius comic Fahrenheit temperature xkcd. image, treasure dump, twitter. US state borders. Image 13. October, 2017 steppenhahn. April, 2017 steppenhahn. camera comic moon photography settings sun sunlight whitebalance xkcd. gif, life the universe and everything, treasure dump, twitter

Scale of the Observable Universe (XKCD) - Futuris

1. Download python-xkcd-doc_2.4.2-3_all.deb for 20.04 LTS from Ubuntu Universe repository
  2. Posts about xkcd written by Chris. Skip to content. The universe is weird welcome to it. Toggle Sidebar. Tag: xkcd. December 1, 2015 June 17, 2016. Ahh! Radiation!!
  3. Download python3-xkcd_2.4.2-3_all.deb for 20.04 LTS from Ubuntu Universe repository

https://xkcd.com/2351/ See more of The Universe on Facebook. Log I 89 votes, 50 comments. 135k members in the xkcd community. /r/xkcd is the subreddit for the popular webcomic xkcd by Randall Munroe. Come to discuss Download python-xkcd-doc_2.4.2-3_all.deb for 20.10 from Ubuntu Universe repository

863: Major in the Universe - explain xkc

Nov 20, 2014 - Randall Munroe is the author of What If: Serious Scientific Answers to Absurd Hypothetical Questions, published in September Today's XKCD is epic in scope — a log-scale map of the observable universe from top to bottom, with many in-jokes (including me!) and pop culture references

Slashdot xkcd Cyclical Universe Dear Lady, poor lady, brave lady. he read, You are an experiment by the Creator of the Universe. You are the only creature in the entire Universe who has free will. You are the only one who has to figure out what to do next - and why This map of the lower 48 US states hand-drawn by XKCD's Randall Munroe is super clever: 7 of the states are actually missing. Maybe the pandemic is starting continuing to rot my brain, but I stared at this for an embarrassingly long time before finding any of the absent states. Even now that I know which ones are gone, the map doesn't look out of place at all. *claps Turtles all the way down is an expression of the problem of infinite regress. The saying alludes to the mythological idea of a World Turtle that supports a flat Earth on its back. It suggests that this turtle rests on the back of an even larger turtle, which itself is part of a column of increasingly large turtles that continues indefinitely

105: Parallel Universe - explain xkc

1268: Alternate Universe - explain xkc

Download python3-xkcd_2.4.2-1_all.deb for 18.04 LTS from Ubuntu Universe repository xkcd je internet-strip autora Rendala Manroa (engl. Randall Munroe), koji je u svom sloganu opisan kao internet-strip o ljubavi, sarkazmu, matematici i jeziku.. Raspon tema kojima se strip bavi je širok. Neke epizode sastoje se od samo jednog prizora i izražavaju neku misao ili ideju. Česte su matematičke ili naučne šale, reference na trenutne događaje u politici, i Internet kulturu 23 Thoughts on XKCD on the Types of Scientific Papers — What Would You Add to this List? This light travelled a loooooooooong way through the universe before it it hit our shiny new sensor, you'll be AMAZED at what it means Dendron Vault of XKCD Comics. Timeline of the Universe, by Randall Munroe, licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.5 Licens Douglas Adams = Awesome.Check the letters, XKCD. They add up to 42. (-:It means shuffling quickly past nuns on the street with ketchup in your palms, pretending you're hiding stigmata. ^-^Did you shoot a man in Reno? Now, I don't mean to pry.^-^How could you choose avoiding a little pain over understanding a magic lightnin

From the size of people, up to the limit of the observable universe: http://xkcd.com/482/ and from the size of people down to the Planck le.. omg, how did I only just learn about Mr. Verb? — Lauren, Dec. 9, '08 Mr. Verb and his minions, few though there seem to be, dislike reading, or dislike reading carefully Rated for making xkcd worse: 7/10 Your rating: [please pick an option] [1] ur doin it wrong: it's better [2] it's exactly the same [3] a fair attempt [4] travesty [5] comprehensive destructio Randall Munroe, creator of xkcd, discusses his new book How To, a guide to using science to turn everyday problems into much bigger, more exciting problems. Learn how to cross a river by boiling it, get tips on how to make skiing much more dangerous using liquid oxygen, and hear about his experience asking famous experts the most ridiculous questions he could think of The XKCD Guide to the Universe's Most Bizarre Physics Zero-dimensional space is a single point. If you live in zero-dimensional space, you are stuck with nowhere to go and nothing to do. Zero-dimensional space is a single point

xkcd: Heigh

xkcd: A Bunch of Rock

Apr 30, 2013 - Nineteen years and countless binary jokes later, the most popular comic on the web is xkcd, a strip featuring stick figures commenting on Internet culture Coding and xkcd combined, for fun! Contribute to whaatt/the-red-spider-project development by creating an account on GitHub xkcd is on Facebook. To connect with xkcd, join Facebook today. Join. or. Log In. Previous: Next: xkcd. Solar System Compression Artifacts Most of our universe consists of dark matter rendered completely undetectable by our spacetime codec's dynamic range issues. Jan 21 · Public · in Timeline Photos. View Full Size. 2 people like this. Mike.

- XKCD. The universe is unfathomable massive. It's funny to think that even on earth, a location so puny and insignificant when compared with essentially anything else in the universe, we still deal with numbers more massive than the number of planets in the universe XKCD, Timeline of the Universe → December 14, 2019 by Marc Handelman in XKCD , Satire , Sarcasm , Cosmological Humor , J.J. Abrams Conundrum December 14, 2019 / Marc Handelma trying to make logical sense out of emotions. Monday, February 28, 2011. xkcd: Major in the Universe IBY's Island Universe. Home; Brown Dwarves(xtra) Galaxies(blogs) Spectra(About) Deep Down the Gravity Well January 8, 2010. Have you wondered, how deep down the gravity well are we in? Me neither. But this xkcd comic let us know: It turns out it is a really good picture of what a gravity well is,.

2035: Dark Matter Candidates - explain xkcd

Alternate Universe What Ifs - xkc

This position has been filled. Thank you to everyone who applied. Universe Sandbox is a space and gravity simulator masquerading as a video game with over 800,000 unit sales and an overwhelmingly positive 95% rating on Steam.. Giant Army is looking for a creative and highly technical software engineer/programmer to help implement and polish the user interface that controls the universe Feb 14, 2015 - Just about everyone can claim to being inspired by the xkcd webcomic — or at least enjoying a shared nerd moment. A favorite comic of many space fans is the Up Goer Five poster, which explains the Saturn V rocket in the 10 hundred (i.e. 1,000) English words that are used most frequently. Now, one Continue reading Flying Sky Car: The Skylon Explainer Inspired by xkcd

xkcd: Embodying Nerd Culture to Rule the Web ComicsWatch all the exoplanets orbit their stars simultaneously

Universe Sandbox is a space and gravity simulator masquerading as a video game with over 800,000 unit sales and an overwhelmingly positive 95% rating on Steam.. Giant Army is looking for a creative and highly technical physics engineer to help implement and improve our real-time physics simulation and collision system 25-oct-2015 - The XKCD Guide to the Universe's Most Bizarre Physics | WIRE Download python3-xkcd packages for Debian, Ubuntu. python3-xkcd latest versions: 2.4.2, 2.4.1. python3-xkcd architectures: all. python3-xkcd linux packages: de Amusing? Hmm, for the irony, yes... but there's something hopeful about it, don't you think? Quite the contrary, actually. They expect to receive everything handed to them on a silver platter without resolving to scratch the surface... maybe it is hopeful, but ignorantly so The winner. We got a huge number of submissions to the How To book tour challenge, and I'm delighted to announce the winner: The How To book tour will be taking me to Juneau, Alaska, thanks to an entry from Juneau's Mendenhall Valley Public Library.. The 98-person entry was submitted in a series of four amazing YouTube videos: Video 1 / Video 2 / Video 3 / Video 4

505: A Bunch of Rocks - explain xkc

Two possiblities exist: either the Universe is finite and has a size, or it's infinite and goes on forever. Both possibilities have mind-bending implications Billions of years ago, in the Pre-Crisis reality, a Maltusian scientist named Krona performed a forbidden experiment in an effort to see the origin of the universe. His irresponsible actions disrupted the process of cosmic creation, resulting in an additional, opposite universe The Antimatter Universe is an Anti-matter cosmos occupying the same continuum space but on a different space-time.

Complete Tangent: The 12 Styles of Facebook Posting

xkcd 2240: Timeline of the Universe : xkc

secure passphrase generator inspired by XKCD 936: Ubuntu Universe arm64 Official: xkcdpass_1.16.5+dfsg.1-1.1_all.deb: secure passphrase generator inspired by XKCD 936: Ubuntu 20.10 (Groovy Gorilla XKCD author Randall Munroe is no stranger to answering strange science questions, but his latest book, How To: Absurd Scientific Advice for Common Real-World Problems, might be his most practical. Philosophical Magazine, Ser.7, Vol. 41, No. 314 - March 1950. XXII. Programming a Computer for Playing Chess1 By CLAUDE E. SHANNON Bell Telephone Laboratories, Inc. Problem Sheet 3: PDF The Hot Universe ; Problem Sheet 4: PDF More Hotness, and Structure Formation xkcd.com. Cosmology on the Web. Cosmology by Andrew Jaffe Astrophysical Cosmology by J.A.Peacock Part III Cosmology by Daniel Baumann Astronomy by Edward Wright.

Proton Earth, Electron Moon - xkc

I was going to put together a little post to geek out about the helicopter that flew successfully on Mars. (Just in case you hadn't heard about that: I'll pause here, while you re-read that sentence.) Anyway, turns out that pretty much everyone else on the Internet has done a better job than I could.. Dal creatore del popolarissimo fumetto online xkcd, risposte sorprendenti a domande che probabilmente non avete mai pensato di fare. Randall Munroe, con i suoi fumetti stilizzati sulla scienza, la tecnologia, il linguaggio e l'amore fornisce risposte dettagliate e documentate alle domande più strampalate, che spaziano dal semplicemente bizzarro all'assolutamente diabolico Read Comics with a Soundtrack. Bring comics to life with Nanits Reader! Original soundtracks, 3D depth and page-free scrolling - everything that you expect from digital comics in the 21st century

Pluto and its collision-course place in our solar systemMegaTokyo - [1347] skippin&#39; school
  • Reef Technologies.
  • Hur mycket nikotin är det i en cigarett.
  • Amarone della Valpolicella Classico.
  • Advantages of multilingualism in the Philippines.
  • TV modul Comhem.
  • Restore Twitter account.
  • Binance app Sweden.
  • Läktavstånd betongpannor Jönåker.
  • Amazonas avverkning.
  • Measure and control the efficiency of a supply chain.
  • What is the Federal Reserve Bank and What Does it do.
  • Clever verb.
  • Cordell armband Sefina.
  • Kabels kopen.
  • Hänvisa till svensk lag på engelska.
  • Coin Collector game.
  • Daughter company vs subsidiary.
  • OptionsSwing review.
  • EToro contact number.
  • Bitcoin cli get address.
  • Hyra rum i Nässjö.
  • Collateral meaning in Marathi.
  • Hyra festlokal Örnsköldsvik.